As the Merida English Library prepares for another season of House and Garden Tours this fall, organizers are looking for homes to feature, and a coordinator to make it all happen.
“This is a great way for you to contribute to the library community with a once a year donation of your time and home,” MEL wrote in a newsletter. “We are not looking for McMansions, but homes belonging to people who would like to share their home and ‘coming to Merida’ stories with others.”
The tours are on Tuesday mornings beginning in November and running through March. Three Centro homes are featured in each tour.
A new tour this year explores homes in colonias outside the Centro on alternate Thursdays in January and February.
To pull it all together, the H&G Tour committee is hiring a coordinator for the 2018-19 tour season. The coordinator would spend approximately five hours per week from October through March.
The coordinators responsibilities include:
- Scheduling homes on a monthly basis.
- Coordinating leaders, speakers and shepherds for each tour.
- Ensuring homeowners have the information about their role as host in their home.
- Sending out schedules to homeowners and all volunteers facilitating the tour on a weekly basis.
- Attending the introductions every week at the library to ensure the tours run smoothly.
The coordinator will have access to a database that includes all homes used on the tours for the past three years, as well as all the volunteers who acted as shepherds, leaders and speakers; letters to homeowners; and general instructions on how the tours have been conducted in the past.
To add your home, or apply for the position, email Evonne von Boeck, or call her cellphone at 999-230-3705.