A fruit-juice vendor’s stall in Santa Ana market caught fire Thursday. Photo: Sipse

Santa Ana market was closed after a fruit juice vendor’s stall caught fire, local media reported.

Merida’s municipal police said a short circuit caused the fire late Thursday, after the market had closed. Neighboring stalls also appeared damaged, and the entire market was shut down pending an investigation.

Smoke was discovered by officers making a routine surveillance sweep of the neighborhood. Four firefighter units were summoned to extinguish the flames.

Municipal and state emergency service units also responded, preventing more serious damage to the entire market.

No injuries were reported.

Source: Sipse

Avatar

Yucatán Expat Life is a news and information source for people who love it here. Sign up for YEL's free newsletter, which delivers the week's top headlines every Monday.